PTO Shredder

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Marek, Mar 26, 2013.

1. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Is that too big for your truck?

Do you have a Cdl? I'm seriously looking into that and getting a tandem dually trailer.

It all depends on how mulch sales do this year for exactly what I do
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep its 2 inches taller and 1 inch shorter than our Valtra. What type of truck are you going to get for the trailer ?

3. whiffyspark

Just a 450 if I go that route. It depends on how I do for mulch sales this year. I'm looking to move 1000 yards this year delivered or installed.

I like bumper pulls because of how versatile they are, but goosenecks are nice too
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Marek

Do you have a yard set up to sell out of ? Are you looking for another supplier ? If so I will send you the number to a friend who wholesales a few hundred k yrds per year and has regular and died mulches.
    Good luck finding a bumper pull that's long enough for a tractor and batwing . Only downside to that set up also is if you did go to a larger tractor the rig wouldn't handle it.

5. Marek

The one at the gas station? Have seen it there before but when I am down that way I usually stop at Parks for fuel and beer

6. whiffyspark

What do they call your style of truck? I briefly looked last night and couldn't find any. I definetly don't want a rollback. Hooklift would be nice but thats no good for larger machine
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. whiffyspark

Posted via Mobile Device

8. Marek

It was custom built, it has a hydraulic beavertail with hydraulic ramps that extend out from underneath it. We can be loaded and chained in less then 4 min with just one person.