pto wood chipper

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by clay duncan, Jan 12, 2012.

1. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i have been looking around at tractor driven pto chippers. does anyboby on here use them?........any info would be appreciated.....clay

2. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have a befco Brushmaster. I love it. best thing about it is it has a power feeder rather than having to feed it by hand. This this will chip all day and you dont get as tired as I have with other pto and self powered units that you have to push the material into. Take a look on the web and see.....it is a great machine. I have on a JD 3720 just in case you wondered.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

No real experience but I looked into one for my JD 855 (same engine size as your Kutoba) and decided that I just didn't have enough PTO horses to get a chipper for it that would be very productive. This was after talking to a couple of dealers and a couple of manufacturer reps at shows. I think you need a minimum of around 25 HP at the PTO to get a decent sized/productive unit. Depends what you wanna do with it I guess.

4. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

What size befco brushmaster did you get? They have 2 models? Do you like it? Im looking at getting one.

5. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Sorry bout that ....didn't check back. I have the bm6-800. Great machine for the size.