Pull behind 4' core aerators?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Have any new brands released any 2007 core plug areators this year? I looked into a couple last year. Im still looking for one thats 48"~ for the 3 point hitch on my small tractor. I know a land pride i think was $1800, a Millscreek was $1600 i think. Im assuming ill have to spend ~$1500 or so. Dealers never have them in stock to see in person though. Id love to just take the tractor over and pick one out but its nearly impossible.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Classen makes an excellent unit. If you have a Lesco around you, the one they sell is a Classen. Also, if you look up the Turfvent,...this unit is an EXCELLENT unit for the money!

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Go to an auction and buy a used one cheap. Then buy new spoons or sharpen the old ones and away you go. I have 4 or 5 aerators and don't have $1000.00 invested total. And I don't even do aeration.

4. gibsonsg311

gibsonsg311 LawnSite Member

how can you find an auction for aerators? just wondering

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know about Nebraska but here I have a list of auctioneers online. Most of them send me emails of upcoming sales the rest have websites. Do a search and you should find some local ones. I go to alot of sales. We advertise in a local trader magazine. This morning my wife sold a Walker 62" deck for $860 I bought it last year for around $275. Had a guy yesterday looking at my ambulance for $5000 paid $2500 for it. He's bringing a mechanic back to look it over, it just needs brakes so he'll likley offer $4000 and we'll settle for around $4500 and I'll cry a little. Then bank the money. Easier than cutting grass. We have about 20 ads running at a time. I buy anything that's cheap, price it a little high and if it don't sell we just lower the price a little at a time. We use the equipment while we have it so don't need to make alot anyway.
    Here are some sites that I go to.
    http://www.rbauction.com/index.jsp
    http://www.lvgauctions.com/