Pull behind aerator question

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Jcl4slc, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Jcl4slc

Jcl4slc LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys , I am starting to notice that I am going to have 15 plus yards or more to aerate when the grass starts growing. I have rented them in the past and have no interest in investing several thousand dollars for owning one. As many who know who have rented a push aerator, it's some serious back breaking work. I thought of a idea that maybe I could buy a inexpensive one from lowes, sears or Home Depot and attach it to my walk behind and ride on it like a sulky. Could this work? I think my 205 lbs on the aerator would definitely pull some plugs. Any thoughts or comments? They also have a 1 year warranty so I don't care if it breaks or won't last. I'll use it and abuse it for 364 days.

2. 360lawncare

360lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good idea, I use one and just put blocks on it to weigh it down.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Where are you located? I'm in south Arkansas and have one for sale. Interested?

4. Jcl4slc

I'm in Ms, I am really not wanting buy anything much more than a cheap tow behind . I appreciate the offer.

5. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

What are you calling cheap? If your thinking a sears special save yourself the trouble. I have a quality unit I paid $500 for but will sell for $250. It will last you for years if you take care of it.

6. Jcl4slc

I was thinking you were saying you had a push aerator for sale. Cheap to me is under 400.

7. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

Are you interested in mine?