pull behind plugger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sdm1976, Aug 8, 2007.

1. sdm1976

sdm1976 LawnSite Member

I am looking for a pull behind plugger. I will be using my 4-wheeler to pull it. I have seen the Ryan and Bluebird types that you put water juggs on but am looking to find the drum style that you fill with water. Is there anyone that makes this type. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  2. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

3. sdm1976

sdm1976 LawnSite Member

thanks for the response but i was looking for a plugger rather than a aerator. If they make that same style in a plugger, that is exactly what i need. Thanks for your help and have a good day
  4. sdm1976

sdm1976 LawnSite Member

Ok, i just read the entire reply and found you had all the info i needed. (speed reader) thanks again and i will check into them
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Look in to the Classen. It is what Lesco uses. Awesome quality, and awesome unit. Mine is a Feldman Turfvent and is a great unit, especially for the money. If I bought another one, it would be another Turfvent. http://www.turfvent.com/seriestwo.htm
  6. All-Pro LawnCare

All-Pro LawnCare LawnSite Member
    from NC

I can't remember the companys name, but I did a search on the net and found a company in Charlotte that made them for a pretty good price. I went with the bluebird which I'm pretty happy with except for the manual crank for raising and lowering.
  7. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

you've been around for a awhile and seem to know your stuff. Have you ever used the Classen unit? How does it compare to the Feldmen unit. From what I can see the Fleldmen uses smaller tines and is a lighter unit. Does it still pull good cores? How hard it it to pull?

8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida