Pull-behind sprayer recommendations

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 026TB4U, Feb 8, 2005.

1. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

I need a 25-50 gallon electric pull-behind sprayer with a boom to spray a pasture for weeds and to also fertilize. There is a Tractor Supply that carries Fimco sprayers, but they didn't look too great. They were stored outside and the hardware was already starting to rust.

Any recommendations on a good sprayer and the best place to get one.

Thanks.

2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Go to demco sprayers.com

3. bif

bif LawnSite Member
    from PA

that url doesn't work...

Steve

4. bif

bif LawnSite Member
    from PA

5. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

It looks like Demco is a little hard to get in Florida. There is only one dealer and it's far. Any other sprayers?

6. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

Do You Have A .......... Northern Tools Catolog ? The One I Got Has Great Deals On What You Are Looking For

7. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

Yes. Which is a good deal?

8. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

I doubt you'll like the fert capabilities of most of the small electric sprayers. The pumps/nozzles just don't have enough flow capacity to apply liquid fert with the proper volume of water. Weed control can be done at much lower water rates and pretty much all of those units will be fine for that ( http://www.northerntool.com ) You're not going to mimick a farm unit with a 10 gallon per minute and up pump on small booms wiht an electric unit. Throw your fert in granular form, use the sprayer for the weed and insect.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Don't over look Tractor Supply. They have a unit that covers 80 ft wide for putting on a ATV. I believe it is around $ 300.00

10. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

how about a gas model.... i think you'd be happier with that.