Pull behind Sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HLC, Mar 3, 2002.

1. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

Thinking about buying a pull behind sprayer this year. I have about eight acres of horse pasture to spray. I'll only be using it on my property since I haven't taken my applicators test yet. Was looking at the 25 gallon Northstar sprayers in the Northern Tool catalog with the 90" boom add on. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these. Thanks

thanks for relocating, don't know what I was thinking. Anyway just saw the thread recently posted on the same subject. Sorry bout that. I KNOW.....SEARCH
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

What are you gonna pull it with?

You also might consider building one if you are handy. I built a front mount for my Walker last year with a rear boom and it was 1/4 the price of a commercial one.

3. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

Mow Ed,
    That's a nice looking rig you have there. Unfortunately I am running a Hustler Shortcut and can't do anything like that..... not to mention my lack of time.
  4. If you could mount a 2" square box hitch solid to the back of the ztr you could mount a 15 gal tank, on a steel mesh cargo carrier with the nozzles attached to the back of the cargo carrier, with a 2 way valve to use a wand from the seat of the ZTR.

This way the whole thing is one unit that can be mounted to the machine in just seconds.
  5. Cheryl

Cheryl LawnSite Member
    from Florida