Pull behind trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WEEDEATER, Jan 29, 2003.

1. WEEDEATER

WEEDEATER LawnSite Member

Do any of you use some type of pull behind trailer for your mower to maybe haul leaves, dirt, stone, mulch, etc.... If so what kind do you use, I looking for one that would be able to hold some weight.

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use to have a 10 cu ft trailer but, I sold it with my tractor. It worked great for leaves espically when I bagged them and put a tarp over them. I would suggest the 17 cu ft one it is only about $170 but for the 10 cu ft on is: $90. good luck;)

3. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

How much weight are you talking about? What will you be pulling it with? Garden tractor, ZTR, WB?

4. WEEDEATER

WEEDEATER LawnSite Member

Pull it with a ZTR. The weight will depend on the product, stone, mulch, weeds, leaves, etc... that's why I'm looking for weight limits on the trailer.

5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

The grounds crew here at MU ohio has a 5x10 trailer that they enclosed to hold leaves in the fall. They have a small leaf vac on the tongue, and the hole unit is pulled by a Kawi Mule.

6. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

I have never considered towing with a Wb, how would that be done?

7. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

With my wb I used to lay a tarp down, fill it with leaves of shrub clippings, then stand on the sulky while I was standing on the tarp. Now I could drag the trap greater distances without exhausting myself. Now with my lazer I do the same thing except now I just tie one corner of the tarp to the counterweight in the back. This works great and takes up no extra space in the trailer.

8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I have pulled tarps with a walkbehind a few times. my sulky has a hole in the middle that I would put a metal snap hook through then hook to the front corners of the tarp. Once last fall I had THREE tarps of leaves (the were small tarps) hooked behind at once. The Lesco pulled them and me without a problem. Saved a lot of lugin' of tarps back to the truck.

I haven't though of pulling a trailer of mulch with a walkbeind. but I would think with the right hitch and a seat or stand-on platform on the trailer, it should work. Be kind of neat to see:D

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I have pulled a 36" spike aerator behind my John Deere walk behind and I am sure it would work even better behind my Scag (has better tires and is heavier). Just stood on the aerator for weight. Could do the same thing for a cart but why not just use the garden tractor....