Pull cord repair! Fashion statement?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by khouse, Dec 4, 2006.

1. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the worst time breaking my boot laces. I have metal eyelets on the lower section and metal hooks on top. It doesn't matter if I buy leather or hiking boot laces, they break every 3 to 4 weeks. So I went to my bulk roll of pull cord number 4 -1/2 to be exact and cut me a couple of 42 inch sections. Melted the ends and put them in my boots. I have some really cool looking laces now. Let's see if these babies last more than a month. Next thing that could happen is my boots will blow a gasket or something!

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I sat on my computer too late one morning and had to rush getting dressed and out the door for work. I made it to work on time but when I got out of my truck my pants dropped a couple inches, Yep...forgot to put my belt on.

I cut a piece of #8 recoil rope and put through the loops and tied it off, I may have looked like Jethro but it saved me a 24 mile round trip to get my belt. :hammerhead:

3. khouse

We would make quite a duo. Can you imagine the look on a customer's face with the two of us walking toward them all dirty and greasy with pull rope holding are clothes on and up? Yes Sir we can fix that thing..........

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

... just as long as you're not wearing a pull cord g-string

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Tie on the handle and pull repeatedly:dizzy:

6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

^^^^^^^^^^^^ [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I like your little laughing guys. Cant help it but I laugh every time I see them

8. khouse

No pull cord for a g-string here - V belts work much better for that!

9. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

LMFAO I got tears in my eyes.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: