1. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

I know this topic has been brought up in the past.I am not sure if it is you geoff or who has the info on these things but i may have to get 2 of them for next year.If anyone with experience with pull plows could leave info i would greatly appreciate it as i know zip about them.I would like the trailer reciever mounted type with down pressure if there any good.The truck this would be mounted to would also have a spray bar attached to reciever hitch so i need a quick disconnect type of set up.All replys good or bad would be greatly appreciated. thanks John<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Ok<p>You have two options:<p>1. Build one yourself. They really aren't that hard to build. Bryan has pictures of mine posted on the internet.<p>Or you can buy one:<p>There are quite a few brands out there.<p>1. You need downpressure<br>2. Ya don't need a trip edge of trip blade.<p>If ya need more info just say so, and i will see what i can do to help<p>Geoff

3. n y snow pros

Thanks Geoff,but i think we would take your second option and purchase as opposed to building 1.Do you recommend a particular brand with down pressure?<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

4. GeoffDiamond

from Maine

Ok If you are going to buy one, which is what i did for my first one. I would recomend a daniels, it has down pressure and boxed sides and cost around 2800. <p>However before you use your Daniels you need to make some simple modification. <p>1. Put clearance lights on the sides of the box wings. It helps when going through intersections and when backing up to garage doors.<p>2. Put clearance lights on the back of the plow makes you more visiable.<p>These modifications may sound strange, and i had a guy laugh at me for doing them. However his drive managed to take out 3 garage doors in one storm, because he had no clearance lights.<p>I do think that if you can do some simple cutting and welding it is best to build one yourself. Or if you know a good welder that wants to make some bucks on the side, get him to build ya a pull plow or two.<p>I am planning on building two this summer.<p>Geoff

5. n y snow pros

Geoff,you seem to have alot of experience with the pull plow.I will know weather i need a couple by July 15th.If so would you be interested in building me 1 or 2,think about it as i may need them and if you could build them i would rather go with a proven design from someone who has used them 1st hand.Let me know what you think Dino can vouch for my authinticity.Thanks John<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

6. GeoffDiamond

from Maine

Well i am not insured as a metal fab co. So i couldn't build any for you, sorry. However i am willing to supply you ( or anyone ) with as much design information as you would like for free.<p>Anyways don't get me wrong Daniels is a great product. It works well, it was the brand I bought. The only advantage mine has is it picks up a little higher. <p>If you go with Daniels just make sure you add the clearance lights.<p>As a side note i have clearance lights on all my pull plows.<p>why do ya need them by july 15?<p>Geoff<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: GeoffDiamond

7. n y snow pros

thanks for the info,I am waiting to here on a contract and no one around here uses pull plows so i just wanted to make sure i purchase the right units.The contract wont be awarded until the 15th,i didnt mean i needed them by then just that i would know weather i would need them or not.Again thanks for all your insite<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

8. Alan

Alan Member

I've spent years in fabrication and still build my own trailers and a lot of my own equipment. I've been thinking of building a pull plow for myself. I'd be more than willing to have a shot at a couple for you as well. If you are going to the SIMA get together we can talk about it then if you're interested. Heck, I'll even swap it out for Magic.<p>Alan Nadeau