pull points

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Oct 25, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Anybody note them as to which side of the property to pull out the hose?

This technique was originally developed by ChemScape.

rscvp:usflag:

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i dont think we have that many guys here that still pull a hose.

3. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

*cough* I still do :realmad:

4. americanlawn

from midwest

Sad, but probably true. I've been spraying dormant oil this past week for several species of hard-shelled scale insects. The only way is to pull the hose out & spray. (ride-ons cannot spray trees).:laugh:

What I'm learning on this site is --- many posters are one-man-shows instead of a large operation that has exeperience, equipment, background. expertise, etc, etc.

That's no big deal, and I try my best to always help others. It's posters with "nothing but bad to say" that I have prob's with.........who wants to hear from these types?? My life does not need bad karma.:usflag:

Hat's off to all here who are honest & hard working.

OTE=DUSTYCEDAR;2010715]i dont think we have that many guys here that still pull a hose.[/QUOTE]

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

What is a hose needed for?:laugh:

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I can remember--but I had a friend at TruGreen who marked all his customer cards as to pull the hose to the right or left of house. Good idea actually. Notes as to location pf property and things to watch for are always helpful.

7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Lots of people here still pull hoses. I do March-May

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It all depended on how the house and prop. and situated. Sometimes, we had to do things differently if there were trees or something to use for pull-arounds. Usually though, it was to the right.

9. americanlawn

from midwest

Most of the time, the gate is located on the garage side, but sometimes not. Often times with corner lots, it's easier to park on the side of the lawn. At ChemScape, we drew maps of the property marking the best "pull point". We used an "X" for the gate, and an "arrow" for the pull point.

Then you get the properties on a busy street or troublesome obstacles. Those we price higher.

We also try to note which corner of the intersection or how many houses it is from a certain street.........this helps preventing from doing wrong lawns. Sometimes a house does not have an address on it, so we note the description of the house. The more notes, the better.

10. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

Until the day your granular merit goes down in price of a sickening $120/acre...I'll be pulling a hose.

I'm pulling a hose for liquid merit at ~$68/acre. Beat that jack!