1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pulled a Bobby!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chimmygew, Apr 12, 2005.

1. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Had a couple non pays from last year and took 'em to small claims. Won both plus late fees and court costs. You should have heard them bitchin to the judge and making up damage to their property that never happened. Judge saw right through them and awarded me the full amount. Thanks Bobby....

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Way to go. Cut the non payers NO slack!

3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

So you got a judgement? Those are fairly easy to get. Now comes get the hard part. Actually getting the payment.

4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I think bobby may invite you to the front of the bus...

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i'm so proud....tell you what, smack one of them around, i may just let you STEER the bus

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a fact. It's now your responsibility to collect, and even more hassle.

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

and this is why i stress criminal court, and not small claims

8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Its tough if not impossible to sue for "theft of service". This is mainly intended for larger utility companies. As far as collecting from small claims, in NJ, you take your docket to the local sherrif's dept, they go to the defendant's home, inventory their posessions and will give 30 days to pay debt, or belongings get repossessed and sold to pay off debt. Good luck.

9. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

One guy set up payments of $20.00 month. The other lady has to have me paid in full by June 1st. I was gonna let 'em slide, but I said to myself, "what would Bobby do?" Then I read some of his old posts and followed in his footsteps. Aside from all the negative bash 'em in the skull with a shovel stories, Bobby could be considered a pioneer on this site.

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

don't listen to him, he is a fountain of misinformation. i've personally taken many people to court for CRIMINAL THEFT, and have collected every single time plus outrageous late fees and court appearance fees. you have to know exactly how to handle it. screw small claims, screw the lean, take them to criminal court, file the complaint as a criminal theft