Pulled out the welder on Sunday

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by macgyver_GA, Aug 6, 2012.

1. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

So I got bored on my lazy Sunday yesterday so I pulled out the welder.

I've been meaning to make a backpack blower mount on my trailer for a while. I've just been setting the blower on the floor of the trailer up against the gate. The problem was I always had to take the blower off the trailer and set it on the ground between the truck and trailer when I needed to load/unload the mower. It was in the way.

So here you go...for about $20 worth of steel and an hour or two of my time on a lazy Sunday I finally made a blower mount. The design is pretty simple. Ignore my ugly welds :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

nice job!!

3. Deererunner

Deererunner LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Nice simple design, I like it, and a lot better then what companies charge for BP holders! What welder did you use? About how far off the fender is the blower sitting?

4. macgyver_GA

The welder is a Clarke 160EN 220V mig. I bought it off Amazon over the winter for $370 with a gas regulator kit. Just running flux core wire right now though. Based on reviews I read it's kinda halfway between a Harbor Freight welder and a lincoln. I don't weld a lot so I didn't want to spend a fortune on a 220V welder.

The blower actually sits on the fender. If I find it doesn't work well, I may redesign it later. Even if I completely rebuilt it, I still spend less than buying a pre-made rack. It's pretty solid. I welded it on the top side rail, and tacked it to the bottom rail on the side.

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Consider your design stolen!

6. macgyver_GA

:laugh: I copyrighted the design today ;) You'll owe me royalties in the amount of 1 penny per month the rest of your life. I'll send you the bill.

7. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Are you paying taxes on that source of income? I think we found somebody trying to fly under the radar!!! :nono::nono::nono::nono::laugh::laugh::laugh:

8. macgyver_GA

Absolutely...I will in February when I do my taxes ;)

Just realized...I actually should have said patent, not copyright. Not sure what I was thinking.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

And his blower since it is real handly for drive bye guys.

10. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member