1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pulled the plug on new mower purchase / trade

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Jun 10, 2008.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm a big Kubota fan.

I've got a 2006 Kubota ZD28 / 60" deck with about 723 hours on it.

I was going to trade it in for either a Kubota ZG327 or Kubota ZD331, both with 60" decks.

It was going to be either $3500 and my mower for the ZG327, or $5,000 and my mower for the ZD331. Kubota has 0% financing for 42 months right now, so the payment would have been between $75 and $125 per month, roughly.

Biggest problem I have right now, I have no confidence in my accounts receivables.

This is my 20th season. I've been doing the same properties for the same owners for many many years.

This year I have slow payers, I have fast payers who used to be slow payers. I'm actually more concerned about the latter than I am about the slow payers. I'm concerned when people change their routine after a period of years.

Why all of a sudden? Why now after years of taking 35-40 days to get paid, am I being paid in 5?

And the slow payers (+20 days) has gotten to be a larger percentage of my clients as well, which changes cash flow.

I'm not overly concerned about work, as once again I'm completely over my head in workload with current customers throwing work at me left and right, even without persuing it, so I know I'll get paid eventually.

But with the fuel market going up up up, and with the receivables doing the roller coaster thing, I've decided it's time to just sit back on the stuff that's paid for, keep paying off the newer equipment, and see where this ends up.
  2. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

Thats what I would do. Put that $100 or so in a an account every month and make a good down payment or pay cash for your next one.

Or you can send me that 100 every month a help me pay off my stuff! LOL!!!!
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've got enough stuff already that the extra $100 / month can go towards.

I was informed a month or so ago by the wife that we're going to Disney World for a week this summer.

There's 50 weeks of $100 payments.......

Good thing I've got 2 kids and 2 adults lined up on that stimulus check. Thank you all you lawnsite members that have paid in your taxes so I can get $1800 towards the trip. I would like you all to know that we have upgraded to the Polynesian resort at WDW.
  4. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

Dont count your chickens before they hatch.... I had two adults and one child and got $900, me and my wife only got $300 apiece.