1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. lelandgray

lelandgray LawnSite Member

So is it safe to say Exmark 30 > Turfmaster 30?

The only thing that bugs me about the Exmark is the height adjustment, from what I've seen.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Trust me the exmark takes seconds to adjust those front wheels, I just prop the front up on my boot and pop each one out and adjust takes 10 seconds
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

I get to demo one for a week starting next wednesday. If my guys like them i will pull the trigger and buy a couple.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

what other machines do u have that have this engine? it's been a proven engine i take it?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. weesa20

weesa20 LawnSite Member

I looked at both the ExMark and the Toro- only differences that I can see is the tire adjustment and single bail vs. dual bail. ExMark height adjustment is simple- prop on boot, pull up, slide tire out, pick hole, put back in, make sure it clicks in place- good to go.

Could have gotten the Toro for 100$ less but I went with the ExMark b/c the dealer is 3 miles from my house and I have bought stuff from them before and been pretty happy.

Doesn't handle that much different than my 22" and doesn't feel that much heavier- cuts much faster and I haven't messed with the blades yet.

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

We have used the exmark 26 with the fj180's for the last 7 years. When we break an engine on a piece of equipment we put the kawi on it no mater what it had.
  7. lelandgray

lelandgray LawnSite Member

I looked at the Toro 30" over the weekend, I really liked the easy wheel height adjustment but the single bail killed it for me. Just seems clumsy and hard to operate continually.

I just got back from looking at the Exmark 30", and the wheel adjustment (while not as easy on the front wheels as the Toro) seemed fairly quick and simple. I like the dual bail design, too. I think that seals the deal for me on the Exmark, as long as I can convince the boss (my wife! :) )..
  8. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

Any more cut quality pics? Thanks
  9. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

By mulch kit which kit do you mean? Are you referring to the plug that comes with it or something else? Any information on the kit would be appreciated. Thanks
  10. b121774

b121774 LawnSite Member

Mulch kit appears to be a bolt in system that seems to isolate the blades, kinda like 2 individual decks. I saw a pic either in this thread or another. Don't know if new lower lift blades are included. Waiting for my dealer to get them in stock.