Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Tech told me there is a bad gear in the transmission and Exmark is aware of the problem. It would be interesting to read the service bulletin.

2. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Kevin R

Kevin R LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Why should it be? As long as your dealer gets it and is going to fix the problem under warrenty, problem solved.

KR

4. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

The Turfmaster deck has a forward baffle and the Timemaster deck does not. I wonder what the advantages and disadvantages there are between the two decks.

5. JFGLN

The problem is they do not have the parts to make the repair and they do not know when they will be available. The good news is the dealer loaned me their demo mower until this is sorted out.

6. weesa20

weesa20 LawnSite Member

My exmark 30 cuts at least as good as my 2012 metro 36 with less turf damage- heavy spring fescue both mulching, metro with mulching kit and blades, 30 with blade that came on it.

No problems w/ tranny but less than a month o cutting.

7. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I'm curious how the QOC will be when cutting height is raised to 3.5"-4". You need vacuum to stand the grass up FIRST, before cutting it. This is where HP/torque comes in to spin a hi-lift blade.

8. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if its a defective part or susceptible to a future break down I think every owner should be made aware whether or not my mower has failed just as they do with cars.....and then I can arrange a repair or whatnot
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Kevin R

Kevin R LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Apparently Exmark will have transmissions on Monday. The problem was a gear that was over tightened by the company that makes the tranny's, causes the gear to fail.

KR

10. JFGLN

That's good news!