1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

so it not a problem to worry about with every unit?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know. Kevin R seams to have more info then my dealer.
  3. Kevin R

Kevin R LawnSite Member
    from Canada

My dealer read me the TSB

4. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I just bought this mower. Is this something they are fixing on all units?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Kevin R

Kevin R LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Yes I believe so, they are not certain what serial #'s were effected.

Exmark isn't just replacing the failed gear they are replacing the complete transmission. Your dealer is to send the old tranny back to Exmark.

You can do a rough test, on a grass surface hold the machine back and pull the drive handel. If just one wheel spins thats not good. Mine won't even climb up the ramp on my trailer.

Holland, If you have an Exmark dealer in your area, go there and ask them to register that unit with Exmark. If not, you can do it your self by sending Exmark a email or calling them.

6. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

Exact, do you know the reason for the forward baffle on the xmark and turfmaster? It isn't on the time master but it looks to be an easy mod to add to the time master if it improves performance. Any thoughts?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Its part of the mulch kit. I've wondered if it would help enough to warrant a mod. It is in the low pressure area where grass loads up on my ™30. Next time I'm at the dealer and not in a rush I'll look at more closely.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. nozzy

nozzy LawnSite Member

Went to the Toro dealer yesterday thinking about pulling the trigger on a TurfMaster. They had at least one in stock and I was talking to the main sales guy. He said, "between you and me, I'd wait until next year. There have been so many problems with the transmissions that I'd be surprised if Toro doesn't come out with something completely different next year."

It sucks because I want to the added production, but I appreciated his honesty. Hopefully next year they have all the bugs ironed out and hopefully they take care of you guys that have already bought one. It seems like a promising machine but I don't want a $1700 hassle - especially IF there is going to be something much better next year.
  9. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

really? wow, thats interesting information. I have been strongly considering buying one but have heard about the "bugs" and it concerns me. I may wait. Has anybody else heard this? about something new next year? probably not but you never know what is being leaked.
  10. Kevin R

Kevin R LawnSite Member
    from Canada

From from a hassle really, take it in and they put a new tranny in you'll be done in a hour.

I'm not even sure the trannys are the same in the Toro and Exmark??