Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

How efficient are these things on fuel? Notice a considerable amount of fuel savings?

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Will run right around 6-8 hours on a tank. One gallon tank so figure it is costing you .75 max an hour to run in fuel.
    We have it figured out that this mower will cost us 5800.00 over 3 years at which we will sell. Total cost per hour on mower is roughly fifty cents. including, fuel, mower, oil, filters and such.

3. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

My mower stopped propelling as well as it once did and I was looking for the problem. I just noticed today that my traction cable/drive cable whatever it is called was hanging by 1 metal wire. I will get that fixed and be ready to go. I have no idea why it only lasted 30 hours, but at least I think I have the problem figured out.

4. Googus

Googus LawnSite Member

I find to cut cost "we" need to know how to work on our equipment.
    My 30in Exmark did most of the above but all I had to do is check and adjust pullies,
    They tend to stretch. I love mine.

5. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have the exmark or toro?

6. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

So I got my mower back today with the second new transmission installed. Apparently the "new" transmissions have not been distributed yet. My current and previous replacement trany came from "suspect" inventory. I was told not all the transmissions are bad but a small portion were assemble improperly at the transmission manufacturer plant.

7. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark Commercial 30 with mulching kit.

8. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

After a week my replacement is only driving one wheel and gets very hot

9. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you got a bad one. It doesn't take long to install a new one. Less then an hour.

10. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like these "commercial" mowers aren't so commercial. At least with the Exmark version. I don't recall anyone having trouble with their Toro on this thread yet.