Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    I get such entertainment from getting you guys worked up from my over the top statements. Take it with a grain of salt. In truth, I feel that all of this commercial equipment is overpriced. Someone is getting rich from us. As I've said before, we're all just slaves to the mowing industry. I don't know how to build a mower, let alone fix one half the time, so I have no choice but to buy this equipment that really isn't worth what I pay for it. Will I make back what I spent on it? Sure. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't be dissappointed when I just shelled out anywhere from 1 to 7 grand on it the year before and stuff is already starting to break down and cost me money. I'm glad Exmark is extending the warranty, but how do I know my dealer will work with the warranty extension if I buy one and it breaks prematurely. I called the service rep at our Exmark and he had no knowledge of any tranny issues. I would probably spend all kinds of time just trying to convince him that they extended the warranty:laugh:. Anyways thats that. You guys ought to be thanking me that I called on the PR guy to visit this thread. It was immediately after that that he chimed in.

2. SSantor

SSantor LawnSite Member

Just letting everyone know Exmark has done a good job following up to me. I called and voiced my concerns about having three down and Jermy followed up to my dealer and is sending another transmission to the dealer. I have lost a lot of money this month due to this problem, which upsets me, but I will stick with exmark because they were honest in working with this problem to me.I honestly feel once they work the this situation out this mower will be a winner. My crew and myself love the cut and speed of the mowers. The concern I have is will they hold up. If they get this tranny problem worked out which I feel they will. I would tell people to buy them and you will be happy. I will keep informing everyone out there how its working for us. If you haven't bought one I would hold up till they resolve the tranny issue and let everyone who had a problem let you know when it's resolved. I wouldn't want any one to go through the last month like we did. It has not be fun. When exmark works this problem out and my machines are running with out issue I will come on here and let everyone know. That is the great thing about this site, we need to pass honest information to each other to help people make decisions on equipment.

3. mowzilla

mowzilla LawnSite Member

love mine. the 30 sucks if its wet and/or rough. the 26 i have kicks its ass..love my 30. closest thing to a push ghs i have seen and nice cut!!

yup i have all three ..exmark commercial 30 and 21, and metro 26

love my 26 too

4. b121774

b121774 LawnSite Member

Even when I adjust the drive cable on the bar as tight as possible, I can't get the wheels to spin out. Both wheels spin and I hear no grinding. It needs a "push" to get it going on hills and it's very fatiguing. Is there another adjustment I am missing?

5. BigGreen1

BigGreen1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Can someone answer if the oil system is pressurized? Can this mower be used on steep terrain? Is it a slinger type of lubrication where a steep hill may starve the motor for oil? My neighbor was interested in one but was unsure about the hills.

Thanks,
    Tim

6. Kevin R

Kevin R LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Yes it is pressurized, you can do any amount of hills or slopes you want.

KR

7. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't used the exmark much for the last 2 weeks. Its doesn't bag well when wet. We are back to using the commercial Honda 21" mowers.

8. PremierT&L

PremierT&L LawnSite Member

Still waiting to get 1 of my 30s back from the dealer. Says he can't get the tranny. This has been very disappointing to say the least. I feel like when these type of things happen, and you have a brand new machine out of service for weeks, exmark should step up to make it right with the customer some how. Simply fixing the mower after waiting a couple weeks + isn't enough in my book.

9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Mow Deck!!!! Better not great. This is the main reason we won't get rid of the Ybravo 25. It bags the heck out of wet grass!

10. Kevin R

Kevin R LawnSite Member
    from Canada

That is odd, I've been using mine the last two weeks in on and off rain and I find it bags way better then my Exmark 21 and better then any other 21 that I've had in the wet. It must be the different types of grass, some better some worse.

KR