1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah saw it....:laugh:

Still.....I really would like to demo the Exmark and Toro TurfMaster just for the sake of comparison especially in terms of ease of use of the drive systems....? :rolleyes:

I stow my TimeMaster in my trailer with the handle vertical nearly 100% of the time. The fold down handle is really handy for getting under low branches and makes mowing less awkward for my 12 year old son. And being almost 40 pounds lighter is huge in my book.
    :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Exact Rototilling

Are you running the same blades in both mowers...?

Blades look the same at first glace.... but there is a more aggressive and pronounced bend and lift angle on the TurfMaster blades.

If I know I'm not going to be stuck bagging....I have been more inclined to use the lower lift TimeMaster blades.

There were some reports of mulching blades for the TurfMaster...? As of yet nobody has confirmed this or not....?

Still....many dealers are saying the blades are identical....:hammerhead:
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I put the turfmaster blades on the timemaster. The commercial blades have higher lift and seem to take a bit more power. Perhaps that explains your finding.

4. RDesign Landscaping

RDesign Landscaping LawnSite Member

Both mowers are stock. I started with the timemaster last year and then went with a turfmaster this year as business was growing in that market. I think expected to much from the turfmaster since it was a commercial grade mower but in all actuality the timemaster is lighter and more comfortable to use. Now which one will hope up better only time will tell but I'm very happy with both just don't expect the turfmaster to outperform the timemaster because at best their equal with the timemaster being less straining on the body
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. RDesign Landscaping

RDesign Landscaping LawnSite Member

*now which one will last in the long run only time will tell**
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

Similar to the Honda hrc and hrx that people use. Time or Turf.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys. My 30 is still going strong. No tranny issues yet. What are the adjustments your supposed to make after a few hours use? Drive cable etc? Thanks!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Exact Rototilling

This is very telling. Operator fatigue vs. Long term survival at close to double the price...?

Do you have the Exmark or Toro?

On smaller lawns with lots of obstacles with much back and forth how would you rate the TurfMaster vs the Personal Pace drive TimeMaster...?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Wished I could say the same. Tranny can't even move without a push and cable is fraying. Hopefully they will warranty it. As for adjustments read your owners manual.

10. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Ok man. Thanks. Hope your probs work out. I see they did two year warranty on tranny. Very cool of Exmark.
    Posted via Mobile Device