Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Exmark PR

Exmark PR Sponsor

Exmark extended the warranty on the transmission to two years for all 2013 Commercial 30’s mowers.
  2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Thank you for your reply. :)
  3. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

Are they going to be making a straight hi-lift blade for the 30?
  4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I have to agree on this. Not sure if there is really any difference in the underneath portion of deck design but for us the toro leaves turds and seems underpowered compared to the exmark. Exmark feels more balanced compared to the toro and controls are much easier.
    We have found that the drive belt stretches a lot when it gets hot out, so Exmark PR Can you look into making a different belt that doesn't stretch as much. Not a big deal if you are on flat land but add some incline and it becomes a push mower. Also a higher lift blade would be a cool addition if your taking notes.
  5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Can the Toro front end with the easier wheel adjustment be mounted on the Exmark...?
  6. vegandude

On my ex21 I had to weld shut the mulch slots to get the super hi lift and once I did that they came out with the bagging blade. It truly made a difference. A couple more months and pine needle season will be here and the blades will have limited ability. I don't want to go to all that work. EXPR YOU SHOULD START A ONGOING THREAD WITH THE NEWEST UPDATES TO EX PRODUCTS because a lot of times our distributors have no clue
  7. vegandude

Curiosity-why would you want to switch to something that wears out quicker. My ex26 has that quick adjust system and it wears out fast compared to the ex30. Very costly to keep working right
  8. sildoc

Would be a chore. Exmark welds on their front end while toro is just bolted on. Overall the exmark is by far better and beefier built. Just go with the exmark.
  9. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

A big part of my biz is fall leaf cleanup, which most of the time just involves me mulching my customers leaves on a weekly basis through the 1st part of Dec. Do you feel that the Exmark has a enough power or torque for that kind of work? It would be a light to moderate sheet of leaves on the lawn each time. Frankly, I love the Timemaster, but I question it's ability to do this.
    Thank you. Haven't been able to get a strait answer to this.
  10. sildoc

This is a good question. I would say the exmark would have enough power, but would also be reasonable with the amount of leaf litter is possible to mulch. You might would have to double mow it to get the best look.
    If they are wet though i would really doubt it, my tthp 36 with a 17hp kawi doens't do a good job when they are wet.