Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. b121774

b121774 LawnSite Member

Would a 21 have gone through that without bogging?

2. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

Subscribed
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Fertilizer has been on for 2 weeks now and we are having late spring temps with near 70 forcasted for this week. Soil temps are going to be going up and grass will really start growing. Will give a feed back late next week on a full weeks worth of use. So far so good.

4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

One of the posters mentioned a mulching kit...? I asked my Exmark dealer and he said it's just the mulch plug....?

Can someone post a picture of the underside mulch baffle...?

The Toro version catalog has zero mention of ANY baffels...?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not aware of a mulching kit existing. All I have is a plug.

6. Exact Rototilling

It was mentioned in the first OP's post. He said baffle...paid extra etc. ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I believe that was me posting about the exmark with the baffle and the low lift blades. I had my dealer research it and order the kit for me. It cost 100 dollars, and its on order. When he calls me and I pick it up, Ill be sure to post pictures. If he was mistaken, then they will owe me 100 bucks...LOL.And to clarify, the mulch plug does come with the mower stock, along with the bag and a high lift blade. From what I understand, the mulch option provides a low lift blade and some type of add on baffle. We shall see

My theory is this, if its an add for mulching, I want to give this mower every opportunity to live up to what we HOPE it can do. I agree with the other poster about the power as well. THAT is my biggest fear...how well it will mulch through green thick grass. It did bog down on me when mowing through some tall weeds on a property the other day. But only time will tell. So far, im fairly happy with the speed increase when compared to a 21. The one complaint i have so far is the front wheel adjustment. Its just not as convenent as the toro, and is a bit hard on the hands. They should have made the releases a bit larger so you more easliy grab them with your hands, but its not bad.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  8. Exact Rototilling

Thanks for clarify this. I bet anything the low lifts will be last years Toro TimeMaster blades.

I bought the higher lift Exmark blades and ran them on my own lawn for a scalp low mow drill. Wish I had these blades last year. Many of us with TimeMaster were wanting more lift.

I'm wondering if the Toro front wheel assembly can be put on the Exmark...?

Posted via Mobile Device

9. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm wondering if the Toro front wheel assembly can be put on the Exmark...?

Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]

Buy the Toro then?? This machine mulched amazing for me last year

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Does any one who has one have a rattle under the plastic shield. Mine does when the lawn is bumpy and it is the belt bouncing back and forth. Just wondering if anyone else does it. Mulched all lawns today, something we never do and they all turned out great. saved some time by not emptying the bags. We will see if we can do this though once the heavy spring growth starts.