Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

FJ180v-am21

2. Exmark PR

Exmark PR Sponsor

The spec number is FJ180V-BM03-M.

3. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

no comment on the replacement cables exmark pr? thinking about getting ex30 at the end of the month but i want to make sure this wont be a problem for me. 1900 is a lot to spend for something with so many potential problems.

4. Exmark PR

Exmark PR Sponsor

Lawnsaspire, we thought SSantor has done a good job of providing the information to the group. The cable issue has been fixed. If you have a problematic cable, it will be replaced under warranty.

Sorry for the delay, we can’t always monitor and respond immediately on these social sites and it is nice to see that he has reminded everyone they can always call customer service @ 402-223-6375. We take calls and answer questions from everyone and anyone. (That is why it takes a little while to back to you all on these social sites.) It is great to see the Exmark community helping each other out and we are happy to participate in between phone calls.

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like I am about to lose transmission number 3

6. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Well we now have 2 year warrantys on trans so that's a good thing. Exmark should just warranty the whole mower for two years IMHO. ;)

7. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

What's the symptoms of trans going out? I've noticed mine slowing down a bit but I probably only have 25 hours on the mower.

8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

QOC with the Q32 deck is the strongest of all the BOP mowers. Q44 is #2 and last is the Q36. With sharp blades any of the BOP mower will return a tighter more manicured cut than my TimeMaster. Where the TimeMaster excels is it doesn't OVER process clippings like the BOP mowers can and do.

Timemaster QOC is tighter with the higher lift TurfMaster blades.

The extra weight 37# of the commercial version and lack of a fold straight up handle is deal breaker for me.

It would be great to hear from those who own both the TurfMaster and TimeMaster IF the Commercial engine really has more power...? The Briggs has 10cc more displacement.

Oh yeah there is also the extra $700+.....:rolleyes:

9. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Holland, mine did the same thing, and at first I started worrying about the trans issue. But after taking a look at it, all I had to do was adjust the drive cable. The cables seem to need adjusting on a more frequent basis than I expected. I have also had to adjust the blade engagement cable once this year too. from what I have noticed, the cables on these mowers need more adjust than normal.

Potential good new for you is this, the adjustment on the drive cable is done up on the handle, so its a 5 minute fix if that is your problem.

good luck

10. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

My first one went out with no warning, The second one made a metallic clunking sound right before it died and today I am hearing the same sound. I cant afford the down time this is causing as this is my primary mower now. The last trans was put in a month ago and it felt weak from the start only one wheel would spin when holding it in wet grass. I asked the dealer about this when I picked it up and he didn't know. Feels like I bought a lemon.