Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Exact, How does your mower handle the wet? It seems the commercial units are sub par but that is after running Bravo's. Wished they could make a 30 that kicked butt like the bravo's do in the wet turf.

2. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Doesn't work when wet.

3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

This is coming from somebody who hates bagging grass and I only do it when forced to....

I have found the TimeMaster to be a very iffy bagger in any wet grass with the TimeMaster lower lift blades..... however I have found that mulch mowing wet soaking grass with the lower lift blades actually works to a point. Once the deck starts to spit out a few clumps....it is time to stop mower over a tarp...Burlap or whatever scrap deck and continue mowing. I found this less overall work than messing with the yBravo25 then being stuck with wet soaking clippings that needs to be hauled away. As of yet I have not done this with the TurfMaster blades of higher lift.

What I love about these mowers is it looks like your bagging when you're not since the plug clicks in place.

YMMV.

As of yet I have not demoed an Exmark or Toro Commercial.

Higher lift TurfMaster blades do work to a point when bagging but once the mower keeps clogging...grab the yBravo25.

Just for the record my yBravo25 ruts way worse in soggy turf than my TimeMaster. What about for you with the heavier commercial units..?...?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. sildoc

Actually the commercial units although heavier rut less than the bravo, honda, or the exmark 26. I was thinking about trying to retrofit some of the tires of the commercial unit to the bravo, but that will be later this winter when time allows.

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

noticed some oil on side filter is on and found entire extension filter screws onto was about to fall off. Oil was full this morning and at the add line after noticing it was loose.

6. sildoc

Thats a Kawasaki problem not a Exmark Problem. I always check the oil filter screws as they vibrate quite a bit and work out on occasion.

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Same thing happened to mine, though not that excessive. Mine was leaking, bottom bolt was pretty loose. Will have to make sure to check those more frequently now that I know it's an issue with many of the kawi engines!

8. hurryrainscomin

hurryrainscomin LawnSite Member

The 30" is a winner. Are there any rumors or news of others getting into the 30" market in 2014?

I'd like to see a Nexite 30" HRC for about $2K.

9. Googus

Googus LawnSite Member

I wish exmark would offer a de-thatcher to bolt on to the front bars of the exmark 30!

10. austins35

austins35 LawnSite Member

that would be nice although it would need a 240cc or a 270cc GX engine

[​IMG]