Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Yes and the decks are the same but the wheels are welded on the exmark and bolted on the toro. I figure 1/8" rake in the front would make the difference.
    Exact we use that Woods blade you recommended and did improve the cut over the stock blade but the QOC on the exmark is by far the best I have seen on a walk mower.
    It does need bagging improvement in wet conditions.

2. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

after mowing in the rain and hail all day today I have come to the conclusion that even if they made one with the larger engine and hopefully larger spindles I would only use that occassionally. Very few times have I actually needed more power and the $20 plus I save on gas every week really adds up. It works great on pine needles and the time savings are incredible. I just surpassed 165 hours on my machine and use it on all lawns except one. Anybody that extensively uses a 21 would be less than intelligent to pass up on getting one

3. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you think that a newer updated Exmark 30 would be available for purchase this fall? It seems that the current ones were either announced or for sale last fall? Wouldn't mind getting one this year, but would like to see what they put out. Also, what's the most hours you guys have put on one of these? Anyone at 500 hrs or so yet? I realize this would be an estimate?

4. sildoc

We probably have close to 350 or so on the turfmaster and the exmark 30. Had to replace the cable on the turfmaster and nothing on the exmark 30.

5. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

So I am sure you have probably already answered this question but I am tuning in late, between those two which do you and your crews like the best? sounds as if you are pretty happy overall with the Exmark 30 yes?

6. sildoc

Both are great machines. However if you were to have them side by side the Exmark 30 would be the goto machine for it being easier to use control wise.

7. famlawn

famlawn LawnSite Member

We got 2 30" commercial toros this year. BOTH of them had transmission problems...had to be replaced (free warranty) TWICE! Lot of down time. Also, the tread on the wheels were gone by the 3rd month of use. The wheels bent too, because of a crappy weld job on the wheel bolt. So we bang those out but they bend right back by the end of our normal 30+ mows per day.

If Toro doesn't come up with a new tranny and wheels we won't buy any more of these.

8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

For those who run the Kawasaki powered Commercial Exmark/Toro and the Toro TimeMaster 30 please chime in on the power/torque between the Briggs and the Kawasaki.... and the ease of use of the Personal pace drive directly compared to the Exmark/Toro TurfMaster...!....?....!

Operator fatigue Issues etc.....?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

. So are the ex marks wheels holding their tread better?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

How much abuse do you give your poor equipment? Seriously... I have about 120 hours on my exmark now and the tires still look like new, have never bent anything on the front wheels and have zero other issues with the machine!
    Posted via Mobile Device