Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

really starting to dislike this mower. I noticed the motor vibrating today and it is loose in the front.

2. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the difference in the commercial model vs the homeowner model, other than twice the price?

3. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

Those with the home owner model how has it held up?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I think the comparison is likely the same as any homeowner vs. commercial mower, it will hold up okay but the wear and tear of commercial use takes a toll on all the wheels, brackets, small things that fall apart and piss you off, I'm sure the people who own the timemaster are likely solo guys who would take care of it in a way as to not aid in the premature failure of said components, but I am only stipulating and have no experience with either machine.

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

My electric start finally quit on me. Bearing had been squelling for some time. My wheels treads are pretty worn down. Still on original belts. I use mine way more than I thought I would. If I could find a used one for cheap I'd grab it up in a second. I might be buying another one in the Spring.

Zero plans on Exmark TurfMaster 30 unless the drive is equally as good or better than my Ybravo 25 and....the engine is proven to have more tractable power than the Briggs Pro 190cc on the TimeMaster.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

My timemaster has held up well. I only have between 100 and 150 hrs on it though. For 1000 bucks it ought to hold up for several hundred more I would hope. The tires are worn in front quite a bit. No problems. Thinking about getting a Turfmaster in November as they are all out of Ex30s and Turfmaster is marked down $100. The only thing I don't like about the about the Turfmaster is the crappier wheels. But no reports of transmission problems and the dealer is 5 minutes from my house makes me lean that direction. Exmark dealer is accross town and sometimes its like going to the doctor trying to find someone to help you in there.

7. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

Dropped mower off at shop Friday morning and they are still waiting to hear from exmark. They said I need a third transmission. Had to turn down two jobs today and have lost faith in this mower.

8. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

The Timemaster doesn't pull hills well does it? I know this has been discussed but it would take a long time to go through the endless threads on these mowers.

9. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

i have a Timemaster. While it is not the same as a hydro walk behind on hills it is acceptable for the most part. Using the blue handle for extra leverage seems to help.

ericg likes this.
  10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Seems to be the East Coast LCO's that have been having the transmission problems.
    My question for you, Is the new transmissions the newer style (fixed), or the older style?