Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

I install a tach/hourmeter on my stuff. It's great to know exactly what's going on with the engine at how many hours and you really need to verify the rpm so you know blade tip speed is what it should be for optimum cut quality.

I use the ones from this vendor. They get to me in ~3 days.

2. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like a handy accessory. How does it attach to the spark plug?

3. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I had carb issues as well. One thing that has helped is that I now turn off the fuel valve when I finish mowing each yard. I let the mower starve for fuel and shut off on its own. The valve remains closed until the next yard and gets re opened. This has prevented the flooding problem that I ran into often in the past. It can cause a hydro lock situation if enough fuel goes past the needle valve, and the engine intake valve is in just the right (open) position while sitting. I couldn't pull the handle and had to remove the spark plug and drain the fuel that was in the cylinder above the piston. Closing the petcock after each job has prevented this problem from occurring again. Hope that helps....

4. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

The meter has a signal wire coming out of it. You simply wrap that wire around the plug wire. It's super-simple!

5. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

6. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

7. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

So what exactly did they do...? I have (2) sets the TurfMaster blades and I was going to snag a few more sets...
    Did you take in your TimeMaster as well...?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

Take It in two the dealer and they should fix it for free. It only affects 2013 models. It involves a part that sits on top of the spindle if I remember correctly.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

They sent out a recall letter. It is a simple washer on the spindle that wasn't good enough. They replace the washer and nut.