Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

So are we talking the blade keeper spacer do dad and spindle bolt...?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I saw it was for blade breakage, and effected all models, toro, exmark, and the residential. Not sure what a nut and bolt on top of the spindles has to do with blade breakage... I've not called my dealer yet, but hoping i don't have to haul it an hour to get something that simple fixed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Just talked with exmark and confirmed it was still the same recall that they sent out. He assured me it has not happened on any exmark and only the toro turfmaster, however since they are similar they recalled also.
    Said there is a bolt that loosens and causes the spindle to wobble a bit eventually wearing and causing blades to hit each other.

4. Exact Rototilling

I guess if a user of a mower is out of touch and clueless a busted spacer washer could cause a blade to part Co. With a mower in an extreme case.

I have to drop by my Exmark dealer here before next Friday...will hit them up for the full details.

I have a 2012 TimeMaster but I still want to know Exactly what the deal is.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

Geez, I hate misinformation.

From the recall notice I received:

6. Jason Rose

Sorry, not spreading "misinformation" Just the facts that it gave on the recall notice I received both in the mail and Email.

Thank you for those who gave more details on the matter, at least I know now that it's not a direct blade issue.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  7. Jason Rose

[​IMG]

See if this works... This is the recall notice I received.

8. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

I read in this thread or another that you said the Honda HRC mulched better. I was curious as to what height you cut at? I use a Honda HRX now when I need to go down to a smaller mower, & it mulches fine at 3". They just break down to often since they are not a commercial mower. Does the Exmark mulch well at 3" on a lawn that is cut weekly and has a starting height of say 5 to 6 inches.? And assuming the lawn is dry.

9. Jason Rose

I can say that mine mulches very well. With just the mulch plug. Cutting off 2 to 3 inches is about the limit though if the grass is good and thick. In the summer months we would mulch almost everything, only hangup is when it's really dewy in the morning, would have to bag some.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Exact Rototilling

FYI: TimeMaster 30 blades are dirt cheap at Home Depot. Almost worthless for bagging but for side discharge and mulching they have some advantages.
    Posted via Mobile Device