Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

You hired a female helper...?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

I got my eXmark mulch baffle from partstree.com. It was 2/3 the cost of what the dealer wanted, took them ~3 days to get it, and ~3 days to get to me.

3. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks maybe they'll have the wheels.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I was really considering the timemaster, but my guys would have them tore up pretty quick. The plastic on the front of the mower would have to be replaced several times a year. I can't justify a 1000 dollar mower to put another 1000 into it over 5 years. I can't see putting more than a few hundred dollars into the exmark 30 over 5 years.

5. Exact Rototilling

The plastic on the front is an excellent bumper with a nice bounce back effect. As of yet I have not busted mine. There are a number of Co. running them with minimal issues.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. lawnsaspire

These wheels wear just as fast as the timemaster wheels. Believe me. Lone thing I forgot to add last yr about the superiority of the timemaster over the turfmaster is that the height of the handles on the turfmaster is not adjustable whereas the timemaster is. I'm only 5' 10" and I feel myself having to stoop a little when operating it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Exact Rototilling

Also that handle adjust lower on the TimeMaster and this is helpful when getting under low branches.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

The handle on the commercial 30 is definitely adjustable, there's 3 holes/height settings. I was displeased with the settings on mine though, the highest was too high, and medium was too low, so i drilled new holes in between to solve that problem for me. My help was about 5' 10" and he had no problems at all with that setting. The lowest would be for someone probably 5' tall. The commercial wheels almost don't wear at all, mine have almost 200 hours on them and look brand new still. Forgot to mention, I'm 6' 4" tall, and i felt the highest setting was too high...
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. lawnsaspire

I was talking about the turfmaster not the exmark.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Yes the Turfmaster wheels wear way faster than the exmark 30. We have well over 800 hours on both and the turfmaster will need new wheels soon. Going to look to see if the Exmark wheels will cross over. The exmark wheels are still pretty new looking.