Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody know if gator is planning on making a blade for the 30?

2. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Which is it Toro or Exmark that you have to push the bail over while pulling up to make it engage?

I tried one at the GIE and I remember the rep trying the blades 7-10 before it locked in and came on.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Also..... Have the companies fixed the power issues?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Toro !!!

5. sildoc

What do you mean power issues? The Transmission or the Engine?

6. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I've got the pics on my phone. However, I uploaded the crap-tastic iOS7 program to my phone and, now, I can't send the pics to my e-mail for downloading to Photobucket. I can't figure out why it keeps sending the pics back to my phone ("mail" on or off doesn't matter), despite manually entering my e-mail address. Argh! If any of you smart, techy fellas has any ideas as to what's going on, let me know.

7. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I think he's referring to the common complaint, "It could use more power".

I have not heard anything in the underground to suggest a bigger engine.

And to answer the prior question about Gator blades. I don't know. It might be worth calling Oregon Chain ® and asking about that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. sildoc

I believe the power issue is from those that haven't ran them. I could say my 30hp 52 inch rider is under powered at times. I can understand it would be nice to have a 8-9hp engine on this machine but in all reality the 6hp Kawi does a great job with the way they have it set up.

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

This is true. 95% of the time the power is plenty sufficient, as it's intended to be a lawn mower, not a brush hog. Though like everyone else there are times when more power would be nice, but that's true for almost everything with an engine, lol.

10. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

I have seen some people say " it doesn't go up hill all that well." What is your experience with them, with the bag full, going up hills? I normally go side to side with any steep hills, either using a 21" Honda or walk behind. Are these similar to 21" self propelled mowers, where after a while the transmission and belt start to wear and you can't go into another gear to compensate for that? I don't know if you can adjust the belt. Buying a new belt might be the answer to the problem. Many 21" mowers go 4 MPH new, but after a year the trans is shot & will move at 2 MPH & you have to push to assist the speed. Are your mowers old or new?