Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

At what height were you cutting?

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Each wheel individually. Max mowing height is 3.5". Running a flat blade with zero drop will bump it up 3.75" or so. This is my biggest gripe with the yBravo25 is the lack of height adjustment beyond that. :(

Not many dealers for them. Leif is a great guy in the tech department. Always quick to address issues. :)

Absolutely love the G6 blade on mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

This lack of drive on hills is very concerning as I can think of numerous accounts where I NEED to mow uphill (fairly steep, too, and yeah, it's hilly in E Kansas)...and then NEED to mow downhill while this thing is tugging at me the whole way down.

Just sounds like these 30s would be a handful of dead weight. And no, I can't always mow across the slope(s) of many of these accounts every time I'm there. Some are a pure downhill or uphill grade/side-yard from the frontyard to the backyard.

So, WORD to Toro/ExMark. Seems a worthy deficiency to address (somehow).

4. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle LawnSite Senior Member

Not spending 2k on a mower that won't pull hills

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Good point there. The lighter weight Toro TimeMaster 30#+ lighter is no problem going down hills however the heavier Exmark/Toro TurfMaster...? A number of users have gripped about this.

Still not really clear to me if the Personal Pace Time Master is better or worse going up hills compared to the commercial TurfMaster...?

Before I'd drop close to double the $ on the commercial mower that isn't as lightweight and nimble, fold up handle, bigger catcher etc. It would flat out have to be almost an equal going up hills as my yBravo25 and clearly be a beast with significantly more grunt than the Briggs powered TimeMaster. Until then....only TimeMaster and yBravo25's for me.
    :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

You should be concerned, trust me.

Dirty Kanza 200, anyone? :laugh:

7. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

I took my TimeMaster in, last Thursday, for the recall. I'd mentioned to the tech about it not pulling hills. Sitting across the shop, he remarked the Personal Pace cable is too loose. He adjusted it and, now, it'll climb. It'll be some time before I can truly test it out on grades, but, it's definitely better.

8. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

My trany went out again. This is number 3 on this mower. They did caution me last time that the trany they put in might be part of the "suspect" batch of bad ones.

9. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

Do you know if the transmissions are the same on both the exmark & toro? What specific machine do you have? Sorry for not knowing. You need a scorecard to keep track of each person mower on this thread.

10. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, It's the exmark. They had a bad run of trany's at the beginning. Hopefully this is the last one I need.