Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

I think this is the thread where I posted my mulch baffle pics and others wanted an update. :confused:

Yesterday, I had a chance to mow with the mulch kit installed. I have the TurfMaster blades installed, as well. I can tell they're moving far too much air for the deck to be completely closed up. With the discharge chute installed, it mows brilliantly (Fescue). The finish is amazing and the clippings are completely processed into tiny bits. I'll put the TimeMaster blades back on and give them a go. It's still a little early, so not sure when I'll have another update. But, preliminary findings seem to favor me leaving the baffle kit in, as there's enough cutout in it to allow left blade clippings to pass through to the discharge. And, absolutely no windrowing or right side blowout that I had before, mulching without any baffle.

For sure, this mower does not like Zoysia, despite the grass still being dormant. The machine is far too underpowered.

2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

Really starting to dislike this mower. Third transmission is about to go out it barely pulls. Wish there was a lemon law on mowers this is unacceptable.

3. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

Do you have the exmark or the toro?

4. ProMo

I have the exmark.

5. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Man I am so on the fence about this mower, I love the idea, but would rather avoid the troubles it may bring, but it would increase overall production greatly, ah what to do.

6. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

man I really feel for you. I have been very fortunate so far from the sounds of it. So far the only issue I have had is that both of the pulley assemblys had to be replaced(under warrenty). I think that last summer when cutting thick, lush grass that the grease just got cooked out of the bearings.

7. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I'm on my third trany also. But this one feels better. Somehow different. I would say better then new.

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Thats crazy. We have done nothing but change oil, grease it and fuel and go. On the Toro we have changed both the drive and blade engagement cables but other than that nothing. We are going to buy another next week hoping that it has a little more pep from the transmission but that is my only complaint.

9. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

I was having a lack of drive issue, on my TimeMaster. When I took it in for the recall, the tech adjusted the drive cable. It's 100% better. It's still somewhat limited, but, I can deal with it since it'll now pretty well go up a hill and climb its way out of a ditch.

10. ProMo

Dealer said they are getting new transmission design tomorrow so that will be the 4th
    Posted via Mobile Device