Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

Is exmark replacing the transmissions free? Or do you have to pay some or all of the cost of replacement? I am picking up my exmark 30 next week. It will be the first 30 I have.

2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

It is covered under warranty.

3. M&L

M&L LawnSite Member

From what I understand, Exmark extended the Warranty to 2 years on the trans. When mine whent out, I dropped it off and it only took about 20 minutes to swap it. Just happend to be the last 20 minutes of the day, two days later :hammerhead:

In my paper work, it says that Exmark will overnight parts on warranty repairs if your dealer doesn't stock them, at no charge to you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

Fourth transmission feels like the worst one yet. Dealer said it was redesigned i call bs. This pos wont even pull up my driveway.

5. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

When I had the last trany installed exmark told the dealer not to install the one they had on the shelf. They sent them a new(improved?) one. They also replaced both belts. Something is different as the mower now works better then new.

6. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Think I'm cured on wanting a commercial version of this mower. If it can't climb slopes as well as my yBravo25 or have significantly more power than the Briggs powered TimeMaster 30...I'll stick with the lighter TimeMaster. Faster height adjustment [with blades spining even], fold up handle, larger catcher.... etc....

Finally my BBC cable snapped on my 2012 TimeMaster
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

This is important to note because if the dealers don't know about the bad transmissions they will be installing the "bad" ones that are in the stock system. I haven't had mine replaced yet, and mine still works fine. When it starts getting sluggish, a quick adjustment of the drive cable has fixed my issues. BUT...if I loose this transmission, you better believe ill be letting the dealer know about the bad "lot" of transmissions, and to check with Exmark to ensure Im getting one of the "new and improved" versions.

8. jmills002

jmills002 LawnSite Member

I replaced the back wheels on my Toro Time master 30
    with the Exmore ex30. The only thing I had to do was cut the gray plastic inner wheel cover down ( the part that covers the drive gears). Also replaced the front plastic bumper with the Toro 30 commercial metal bumper.
    Bolted right up even though the Toro salesman said it wouldn't. The Exmore tires grip much better.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I demoed the 30 and one of the things that bothered me is the speed. Anything past just barely squeezing the bail is running to me. This leaves the hands mostly open which is uncomfortable especially after using it awhile. Maybe I'm just a slow walker, anyone else experience this?

10. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think that's the point - to keep employee's productive. :laugh:

I still didn't buy one yet - like everybody else on the fence just waiting for them to work out the kinks.... or Honda to build one :)