Pulled the trigger/ New Exmark 30 for me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 5, 2013.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

haven't bought a timemaster yet. Taxes were a surprise. working on that then going to buy a timemaster. Need to sell some exmark 26's first.

2. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I'm liking the new mower so far. Used it on some tall lawns yesterday and it handled it just fine.

3. ncknaklawns

ncknaklawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Can't believe I may consider using a walk behind mower. All I can say is its about time someone offered a wider than low twenties cut. That being said they really should have incremental speed control. Fast or slow and medium is fine if every had the same size legs. Havn't found this to be the case though. Need to be able to adjust for the pace I want to walk don't need the mower tellin me how fast to walk and the condition of the grass to adjust.

4. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Used it quite a bit today, Did not like this particular lush, green lawn mulching, Bogged down quite a bit, pulled the plug out and it did GREAT, fills the bag quite nicely...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

When bogging in mulch mode...try to raise rear of deck one notch. DOC it can help. Also helps with bagging...in thicker growth.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll have to try that....I was also cutting at 2" and this was 2 weeks growth so it was prob 2 3/4-3" tall, so cutting a bit off
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  7. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Curious if there is already a built-in factory pitch? If so, would adding another 1/2" to the rear result in an uneven cut? Seems like this may result in stringers in the middle, or even at both sides?

ER, what is DOC? Is this slang/jargon/computer-speak? Netlingo.com only came up with "drug of choice"...:laugh:

8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

My "DOC" drug of choice is "runners high".... :)

In this Toro/ Exmark instance I meant Depending On Conditions.

I'll check for built in pitch on TimeMaster when I get a chance.

Stringers....? Not really since the blades are timed. Just a bit more air space back there helps with bagging. I also do this with my yBravo25 even though that mower already has built in pitch.

Most of my accounts are double cut....unfortunately.

I'm really glad Toro delivered on these higher lift blades.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

ly glad Toro delivered on these so youre saying the blades thar the turfmaster comes with are the hi lift ones? not the ones some didnt like on the timemaster?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

im confused. which mower are we talking about here. the toro or the exmark? some are talking one and this thread was supposed to be about the exmark. and which one comes with the hi lift blades?
    Posted via Mobile Device