Pulled the trigger-New Lazer Z X Series.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blake101, Mar 10, 2012.

1. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a new Lazer Z X Series 52in cut with a 27 Kohler. Going to pick it up this week. I can't sleep thinking about it. I will try to get some pictures of it as soon as I get it. Can't wait to see how it cuts and runs.

2. GreenEarthLawnCare

GreenEarthLawnCare LawnSite Member

i bought a 60inch lazer z x series with the 29 kawi last march. I used it all of last mowing season and put about 450 hours on it. I love it! the ride is a bit rough so i bought a Michigan suspension seat (made a huge difference). I don't have any other complaints about the mower.

3. blake101

I could have bought the same mower for 500.00 more, but I just didn't need a 60 inch machine. But that 60 inch sure did look good, it had everything I wanted except the 52 inch deck.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Once i bought my new lazer last year i never got back on my 07 lazer again.

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

You should have just got the 60 inch, Its not much bigger then the 52. It might be alittle big for your needs this year but you gotta think about 2-3 years from now. When your shopping for a new 60 inch because you need the bigger mower.

6. blake101

Believe me I thought about it real hard, that machine looked great. But the 52 inch fit my needs a little better. If I went with the 60 inch it would increase my trimming time with the lawns I do. But I sure like the Idea of the 29 kaw, bigger tires and pumps, it was a beast.

7. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

I bought the same one and like it alot, fuel gauge acts upon it though. And before I bought this one I had the same mower with the series 4 deck, and I can tell you the series 6 can handle wet stuff better, and the longer thicker stuff also.

8. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

I had a 52" in the past, and it rutted much worse then my 60" so I sold it and went with the 60" instead.

9. lawnworkseb

lawnworkseb LawnSite Member

Do alot of yards with a Walker wanting to reduce grass lot \. Looking at Lazer z xseries with a 48 or 52 mulch deck. Wanting the best finish mow, which one do you think.

10. blake101

Has anyone else had a problem with rutting with a 52inch, this is the first I have heard of this.