Pulled the trigger on the purchase today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by VelociRaptor, Jun 18, 2009.

1. VelociRaptor

VelociRaptor LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Didnt buy a ZTR but instead I bought a small tractor with a belly mower on it. The BX2360, I have 40 acres to take care of and already have a 4900 Tractor but I just never felt confortable buying a 10k mower that all I could do is cut grass with. Overall it will better suit my needs IMHO.
    http://www.kubota.com/f/products/bx60/index.cfm

2. JPsDuramax

JPsDuramax LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Nice machine! If you don't mind, what did it cost out the door?

3. VelociRaptor

from Alabama

Got it for $11,400 OTD with the 54" mower.

4. VelociRaptor

from Alabama

BTW, large sellin point for me to buy now instead of later is the 0% financing special that Kubota is runnin until the end of the month.

5. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking little tractor. Kubota makes some good ones! I wish they would go to a twin-touch style hydro pedal like JD, Case, and others have. At least they got rid of the "treddle" (i call it trouble) pedal--one long U shaped pedal for forward and reverse. I never liked that style of pedal. Have fun getting it dirty, but don't neglect cleaning it up again!

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Oooooh, I'm jealous.

7. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

The guy who bought the airport I keep my plane at did the same thing, bought a tractor with a mower and even a bush hog, since he figured it would do some many more things for him. After about a year of mowing with it I loaned him my Scag and he cut the grass in about half the time it took him with the tractor, He didn't think a ZTR mower would cut any faster than his tractor would with the same size deck, but it does. He ended up keeping the tractor and buying a used ZTR to use for mowing

8. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

nice you can put a nice little backhoe on it and do some real nice work with it with out tearing and denting up the grass like a bigger hoe will!

9. VelociRaptor

from Alabama

Yeah, I know the ZTRs have the speed and that does play a heavy role in buying. Im like most and deal with alot of duties to do and limited funds so Ive got to buy a happy medium. I wanted a ZTR trust me lol, I just hated to spend the money. I love PWCs too but dont like paying for something that I would use just for 4 months out of the year, kinda like a ZTR.

10. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

you could probably put another offset finish mower behind the tractor and mow twice as much at one time.