1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pullin the trigger on a 720 JD....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&K Lawns, Apr 27, 2011.

1. D&K Lawns

D&K Lawns LawnSite Member

Hope it is worth it!!!

2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

How much ?

3. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you will be pleased.

4. D&K Lawns

Paying $7499.00. Is that decent?

5. D&K Lawns

So why do you not like John Deere?

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

For me, it's what they did to the small mom pop shops by pulling out and opening their own retail stores. They shut down a small shop here local since they opened up a huge retail JD center 10 miles away.

That and they don't make worthy equipment.

7. D&K Lawns

I def understand about the large dealers shutting down the mom and pops. Happened here as well. What about their equip is not worthy? I am not being sarcastic, just trying to get all the info I can. Any honest opinion is definately welcomed.

8. magilla12

magilla12 LawnSite Member

I love my Deere's, I have a Z925A and love it, it is built very well and the quality of cut is outstanding, there are lots who bash John Deere, but I personally think they are the top of the line..I think you are getting a decent deal.

9. D&K Lawns

Good to hear that. Thanks

10. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just kidding its a decent mower. But yes JD has a huge ego and I wish that everyone walked in here with an open check book like the die hard john deere fans do.

They really gave the shaft to thier small dealers. It reminds me of the old cub dealers when they started putting thier mowers in lowes and home cheapo. They said sorry and suck it up its all about money to them.