Pulling enclosed trailer....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Dec 31, 2007.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

How will a 1500 4x4 4.7L V8 pull a 16' enclosed trailer with two ZTR's?

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

not very good...

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

You are going to receive 25 different answers to this question and most will be total BS and this thred is going to just end up in a total bash fest. So I suggest you

1) ingnore everyone on lawnsite
    2) do some figureing, get the weight of both z's add it to the dry weight of the trailer then compare the figures with the advertised tow capisity of your truck then BAM you got your answer

4. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

now that wasn't very nice...i think their is alot of good opinions on here and yes some are bs but why do you have to be the first??

5. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Very true!!!! So, figure the enclosed trailer weighs 2000, and two ZTR's probably weigh 2400 lbs, making the total weight 4400 lbs. Is that agreeable?

6. Stillwater

"Please Tell Me Exactly,,, What Did I Post That Offended You?"
    this is a safety related question of a serious nature he should not be getting opinions, hearsay or guesses on this subject he should be getting facts Do You Not Agree With Me?

7. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

i totally agree with you "it was the ignore everyone on lawnsite'' comment that i was refering too,if you didnt mean it in a smart way then i apologize for taking it that way...no hard feelings!!

8. Stillwater

BigW, No hard feelings- not at all....
    Thanks for the note

9. Stillwater

what truck is it,.... a dodge,?

10. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

If It was my truck I wouldnt do it. I would look for a 3/4 ton,as you will wear out that half ton in no time(brakes,trans,rear end). Dont forget about the push mower,racks, weed eaters, blowers,shovels,racks,tool box and anything else tou might carry on a daily bases to keep everything running.....Its all WEIGHT in that trailer.