1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pulling Mower Through Building

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iluvscag, Oct 4, 2006.

1. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Today we recieved a new $590 mowing contract at a condo complex. When we got there they threw in one extra thing. There is this little 5,000-6,000 area courtyard in the middle of a building. We have to push the 36 through the building in neutral all the way out to the courtyard to mow. Anyone else have something like this?:)
  2. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

LOL Thats insane man! Do what ya gotta do. If they dont let you do that just get 2 amigos with weed-wackers and tell em to get to work!

I cant wait until next season, I dont have any commerical accounts......but ive got high high high goals.................. Im going after brickman!
  3. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

Ummm... that wasn't in the bid.... hoooow coveeeeeeeeeenient. Sounds like you may need a price adjustment.
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Brickman is bidding in our area at around $25/hr so better be aggressive. Big push to get business in our area.
  5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Thats so funny I forgot that I had to do that too. You feel like and A$$ pushing it through the lobby. Just smile and be nice when somone is a smart a$$ to you. If you dont want to loose the account make sure you dont mow a yard with dog do before that account
  6. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

How can they possibly bid $25 an hour on commercial lots? They do HUGE ones here, they run 5-6 man crews......25$ an hour would not cover their expenses lol.......It couldnt possibly be enough.

How the hell did u find out what theyre charging?
  7. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

The school I mow has a couple of areas like that, that they call their secret gardens. I go thru double doors and across a hall with my 52" tiger cub to mow them. One has a 58" wide foot bridge across a fish pond that I have to cross to get to the back side. These are done after 4 pm when the kids are all gone.
  8. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Don't you just love those little suprises?
  9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

We do a small convent with an inner courtyard where the nuns live, it's through a doorway, through a smaller hallway which is all stone walls and into the inner courtyard with a 21" mower. No shorts allowed to be worn so the nuns are not "tempted" as they are cloistered nuns.
  10. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a roof top property that they have to chopper in my 48, I cut it once a month. its pretty cool. and the local news people film it all the time.