1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

"Pulling Power" of Lazer Hp

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by savitar, Mar 1, 2006.

1. savitar

savitar LawnSite Member

I wanted to pull a lawn vacuum trailer for spring cleanup,
    and was told that the hitch is rated for only 80 pounds "pull force", any more would stress my machine to the breaking point, the reps are fond of equating the Lazer Hp to a sports car than to a tractor.

What I found strange is that the "Ultravac" attachment weighs in at 110 pounds empty, (without 8 bushels of clippings). The largest system weighs 360 pounds empty!

What's the difference in forces, pulling the trailer, verses, a grossly overweighted Lazer Hp? Are the motors and hydraulic system under the same strain? Will the hydraulic system "see" the same spikes over uneven terrain?

I would rather use the trailer vac as it incorporates a side chipper, and I can do without more belts and pullies in favor of a dedicated outboard engine.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello savitar,
    I understand your interest in a pull type vacuum.
    The machine might be able to do what you ask from it with your tow behind vacuum system, but we cannot say with any certainity that you are not reducing the life of your mower. We test our units with the bagging systems we offer, it is impossible to test all of the possible scenarios that our end users might try. Good luck.
    Thanks Brian