1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pulling PVC

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Rainman7, Mar 27, 2007.

1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Come now Jon, 4 loops from the pump would carry that easily :)

Otherwise.............6" looped main? I don't think a 4" loop would carry 300gpm, but I'm to lazy to open a chart right this instant too.:drinkup:

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

OK Bryan... you're trying my patience too... just like Jon. :laugh:

I just wanted to see if a pipe chart was even pulled out for this design. Now all the fun has been totally taken out of it. :dizzy:

3. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

You guys are rough, I didn't realize how deep you would dig into my design. All I asked was about pulling 1.5(35gpm) & 2"(55gpm), I planed on trenching the 6"(400gpm),4"(200gpm), & 3"(120gpm).

Anyway, thanks for the advice, I am going to try pulling the 1.5" & 2". By the way, any advice on how tight I should make the funny pipe fittings I am using to run the heads? 20gpm through 1/2" should work.....right?

Thanks all

4. PurpHaze

We do it to everyone when we have to read between the lines. It's just our nature I guess. :)

5. PurpHaze

And just where did you find 20 GPM sprinklers with a 1/2" FIP inlet??? :laugh:

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

He's referring to the 1/2" by 3/4" Barb el's and the 1/2" swing pipe.

I-25's have a 1" inlet, so use solid swing joints (Marlex El's and a SCH 80 Nipple), don't use funny pipe.

7. PurpHaze

Hell... I thought you "funny Barbies" use the stuff on all sizes of sprinklers??? :laugh:

8. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I was referring to that cool blue stripe 1/2" flexible pipe with those Taiwan elbows and a couple of 3/4 x 1 red. bushings. I use enough pipe so that when I need to change a head I could just pull it out of the ground and stuff it back in without digging a hole. Sort of like wiring a receptacle.:confused:

Hey Hayes, do you install or just service those big systems?

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Jeez Jon, are you thinking the industry is so ******** as to use swing pipe
    with I-40s? Seen it w/I-20s. The 3/4" lasco swing pipe assembly is cool.

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing surprises me anymore Mike.