Pulling PVC

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Rainman7, Mar 27, 2007.

1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Come now Jon, 4 loops from the pump would carry that easily :)

Otherwise.............6" looped main? I don't think a 4" loop would carry 300gpm, but I'm to lazy to open a chart right this instant too.:drinkup:

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

OK Bryan... you're trying my patience too... just like Jon. :laugh:

I just wanted to see if a pipe chart was even pulled out for this design. Now all the fun has been totally taken out of it. :dizzy:

3. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

You guys are rough, I didn't realize how deep you would dig into my design. All I asked was about pulling 1.5(35gpm) & 2"(55gpm), I planed on trenching the 6"(400gpm),4"(200gpm), & 3"(120gpm).

Anyway, thanks for the advice, I am going to try pulling the 1.5" & 2". By the way, any advice on how tight I should make the funny pipe fittings I am using to run the heads? 20gpm through 1/2" should work.....right?

Thanks all

4. PurpHaze

We do it to everyone when we have to read between the lines. It's just our nature I guess. :)

5. PurpHaze

And just where did you find 20 GPM sprinklers with a 1/2" FIP inlet??? :laugh:

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

He's referring to the 1/2" by 3/4" Barb el's and the 1/2" swing pipe.

I-25's have a 1" inlet, so use solid swing joints (Marlex El's and a SCH 80 Nipple), don't use funny pipe.

7. PurpHaze

Hell... I thought you "funny Barbies" use the stuff on all sizes of sprinklers??? :laugh:

8. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I was referring to that cool blue stripe 1/2" flexible pipe with those Taiwan elbows and a couple of 3/4 x 1 red. bushings. I use enough pipe so that when I need to change a head I could just pull it out of the ground and stuff it back in without digging a hole. Sort of like wiring a receptacle.:confused:

Hey Hayes, do you install or just service those big systems?

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Jeez Jon, are you thinking the industry is so ******** as to use swing pipe
    with I-40s? Seen it w/I-20s. The 3/4" lasco swing pipe assembly is cool.

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing surprises me anymore Mike.