1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pulling Trigger on a New Quick

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TxCaddy, Mar 27, 2008.

1. TxCaddy

TxCaddy LawnSite Member

After looking at all of the brands available to me in both ZTR and walk-behind I have decided to give the BOP Quick a try. I have decided this for the following reasons:

1.) The people at BOP have been very knowledgable, informative and nice and willing to help you in any way reasonable.

2.) You are basically getting a hydro equipped machine for the price of a gear drive. Its like getting a Metro for a Viking price!

3.) They seem easy to work on if and when they do break..............I am not dependent on a technician that know a little more than I do to "get round to it"

4.) The compactness and design will make it easy to handle!

5.) The footprint is small so it is easier to store!

6.) Three blades.someone mentioned it almost rivaled a cut of a reel mower!

Price is important but I had a budget of $4,000 and could have bought something more expensive.

The only problem I am fretting over and the only reason I haven't ordered yet is because I absolutely cannot decide whether to go with the 36" or the 44". I don't have to worry about gates in my yard. I don't want the 44" to become difficult as opposed to the 36". As everyone knows "size" is important!

I wanna know if anyone has used the 36" and then jumped over to a 44". How much weight and bulk does it add. I could really use getting finished up faster on my 3/4 to 1 acre lot. I might even actually look forward to cutting my yard again as when I had my patio home and always had a manicured lawn.

I wonder if BOP would be willing to work with me if I got the 36" and then after getting it home and using it a few times that I should have gotten the 44".

Can anyone help?
  2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I do know they have a 30 day return policy. Pretty rare to find when it comes to comm. equip/mowers etc. If you go with the 36 at first and decide it's not the right size for you, it shouldn't be to much of a problem to return it and pay the difference for the 44.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I can answer it all...

Get the 44 ,its less than 50lbs more in weight than the 36 and the added deck size will speed up your cutting time. We use them commercially everyday ...THEY ARE TOUGH MACHINES. Easy to maintain and work on yourself. The footprint and weight are great points...ruts will never be a problem. If you get the 36 ..I am sure they would work something out with you if you wanted a bigger machine. CALL THEM and ask all your questions.
  4. TxCaddy

TxCaddy LawnSite Member

So your guys do not see a difference in the maneuvability between either one. I am sold on the "stout-ness" of the machine itself I just can't decide. The 36 will be great but I would always wonder if the 44" would have been better.
    But thanks for the quick (pun!) replies! It helps!
  5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Im wanting the 44 with the striping kit
  6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

look in the equipment section..usually quite a few quicks with low hours for sale...

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the 44........
  8. TxCaddy

TxCaddy LawnSite Member

There is a Quick 36 posted for sale in the Used Equipment section and he is located in my town however I really want a 44" and he isn't offering that much off.

I also give up my 30 free trial in the event I don't like it (I can't imagine that though!
  9. Ronniecoleman

Ronniecoleman LawnSite Member

I would go for the quick44 if gates are not an issue.
  10. TxCaddy

TxCaddy LawnSite Member

How do you think this Quick 44 cuts compared to a floating deck that is normally on the ZTR.

At just under an acre should I be considering a ZTR instead of a Walk Behind?