Pulling Weeds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MudslinginFX4, May 9, 2004.

1. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know it's going to vary but what is everyone's hourly rate for pulling weeds? We usually spray them but this one customer insists that we pull them. I told her it was going to be more to pull because it takes more time, I have to haul everything away, and it is much harder on the back. There are quite a lot to be pulled in a ditch, probably about 5 hours for 3 guys. What would you charge? The one good thing is there is no equipment needed, just men.

2. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

$35 per man-hour.

3. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

You might tell her up front that it will be 450-550 estimate on the job first. She may just have you spray it then.

GW

4. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Opps forgot this. Tell her she will need the same thing done in a couple of months too. (8^)

GW

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Everyone's prices are definitely different, so you could add a percentage of extra profit( say 20-50%) to your regular hourly rate for services like this that are more labor intensive PITAs. JMO...FYI-I would charge 600.00 for that job with me and my 2 guys.That might be high in some places, and low in others. Go with what is comfortable for you.

6. MudslinginFX4

I went with $500 so we will see what happens. If she says yes that means that I will be making $350 on that one job, or $70 an hour (me not doing any work) after I pay the 3 guys. I will also have 2 other guys out doing our normal yards all day. I think that price is fair considering I don't have to use any equipment or gas (besides the drive over there).

7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Pulling weeds really does take a lot of time. As you already did you need to charge accordingly. This is taking time away from mowing when you can be in and out quickly. Let us know what she decides.

Gravely_Man

8. MudslinginFX4

She decided that $500 was fair. We will be doing it later this week or early next week. She has another area for me to do later on in the month that is about the same size, quoted $500 for that area again.

9. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Weeding can be hard to estimate. You have to keep in mind the soil conditions(clay or sand-wet or dry) and some employees can be so slow.

10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

And depending on what kind of weeds, and theyre root structure. Different weeds can be a pain in the butt, where as some other ones arent as bad. Make sure you've looked into that aspect as well.