Pulling with a ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by koop, Jul 17, 2007.

1. koop

koop LawnSite Member

How much weight can you pull with a ZTR?

2. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Scag, for their Wildcat series says 250 lbs. I do not know if it would overwork/overheat pumps. My guess is that it has to do with weight on the rear, too much weight on a hitch might make one be prone to tipping.

3. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

I used a cub cadet home owner 23 hp kawasaki to pull a 650lbs lawn roller. I kept it steady and went slow with no problems doing an acre.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I pull my Turfvent core aerator with 400lbs of weight all the time in the fall with my z traks. Been doing this since they were new and no problems to date with hydraulic pumps or motors.

5. Yard-Ape

Yard-Ape LawnSite Member

Don't really plan on testing it out, but my Dixie Chopper is supposedly rated to pull 2,000 pounds.

6. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

I pulled my truck once with my Enforcer 44". I'd do it again, very smooth.

7. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

8. koop

koop LawnSite Member

Mostly I am thinking about the biggest core aerator I can run behind a 27 HP, 61" Scag Turf Tiger. What would that aerator be? (Or perhaps that is a question for a different thread)

9. agr682

agr682 LawnSite Member

I would assume you could easily pull a 48" core type with it. My uncle pulls my Bluebird TA36 48" with the water cans with his Bobcat 60". I will not pull it with my JD757 because it is not designed to pull. I use my ATV.

10. ojpent

ojpent LawnSite Member

Most guys say that you can't pull much with a Z I pull most anything with mine within limits.... I see alot of guys towing trac vac during the fall and they aren't light (i had 1 fall on my foot last year)