pulsing two strokes... Whats goin on?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sailinstud420, Jun 9, 2005.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

I was out cuttin today, it was really hot abou 88-90 degrees, and super humid, (all you michiganders should be able to relate) and all my two stroke stuff, trimmer, edger, and blower seemed really hard to get going.

My trimmer and edger took a good couple of minutes to get warmed up, which I have never really noticed before, they are both echo 230's new within the last year. My blower, shindaiwa eb630, which I think is about 4 years old never really got up to speed either, it was hard to get started and it wouldn't stay running without playing with the choke a bunch...

My question is, did I get a bad mix of gas from somewhere (i used midgrade) or does the hot weather have something to do with it? Let me know. Thanks.

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like gas is the common denominator.

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Gas would be my guess.

Could be a tad rich due to the heat but I would deffinatly have to agree bad gas.

4. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Dont listen to those non Michiganders! The hotter weather deffinately takes away some of the performance from the 2 strokes. Had similar problems myself the last couple days.

Kevin

5. sailinstud420

all I know is it is a real pita, takes twice as long to do everything!!

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

If that were true you couldn't use 2 strokes at all in Texas, Florida, etc. where it really gets hot. 90 degrees is just normal there.

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

is that the factor, we have the same weather here in northwest ohio as you, and im having the same trouble.....

8. sailinstud420

Yeah, heat shouldn't be a problem, michigan doesnt even compare to how hot it gets in florida, perhaps it is just the humidity? It looks like I am not the only one with this problem... Where are the engine experts?

9. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

It looks like you got water or some contaminant in your gas. I work in Central Florida and the heat & humidity is nothing to compare. My Stihl works magic, the hotter, the screamier stihl stuff are.

10. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

hot damp air wont make as much power as cool dry air. Your getting moisture in there and thats nearly like water in your fuel. Try leaning the mixture out SLIGHTLY and see if that helps. If not see the dealer but swap gas 1st. When its super damp I use stablizer in my fuel to keep it dry. Never have a problem in 90+ with 90 humidity