1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

pump help

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tulialawncare, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Tulialawncare

Tulialawncare LawnSite Member

I just acquired this sprayer and trying to get it going. Can not find any numbers or tags on the pump to order new seals and parts. Can anyone help me with this I have never seen a pump like this one .

2. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

the 1st pic shows a bean sign i'd check there first bean pumps
    but i don't remember anything looking like that good luck trying to get parts
    my first thought was an old comet
  3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I'm not sure but it doesn't look like a Bean pump? looks like some type of a centrifugal pump and I think bean is piston.
    I would check out the price of a new Hypro d-30 @ rittenhouse before putting any $ in the old pump. probably would be cheaper in the long run!
  4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Ditto with indyturf. Ceranic pistons were common with the Bean pumps -- we used them back in the late 70's and early 80's in ChemLawn. Go with Hypro D-30 for lawn care now. Go with Hypro D-50 for tree/shrub. Spraying tall trees requires hydracell (pto-driven) pumps. Bottom line -- go with Hypro. They are built in Italy, but.
  5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I think it is a diaphragm pump. American may be right--possibly a Hydracell. Has about a 10 to one gear reduction on the left. Pressure regulator and adjustment on the right. The three bumps around the outside are probably three sets of poppet valves. The crankshaft runs in an oil bath like a Hypro. There is the oil filler/level indicator in front--AND--it has a tiny number on it--a part number. Maybe that would help. Try to find other part numbers. Also are those cap screws metric or SAE? Can you tell where the diaphragms would be installed? Can you buy new diaphragms?
  6. RigglePLC

Some of the fittings resemble my Hypro pump. Metric cap screws Etc. Could there be three diaphragms--one underneath each valve?
  7. RigglePLC

8. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

I believe it is a really old M30 Comet Pump.