Pump Me Up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by _GUNNER_8, Feb 8, 2002.

1. _GUNNER_8

_GUNNER_8 LawnSite Member
    from TN

lol i 'm going do this 1 more time if you got the money put it up,i don't know how we can set this up but i will be willing to put up $1,000 that i'm right will you do that?
    now i will repeat story again. Around 1st or 2nd week of jan.Leslile T. Southarrds came by to audit my invoices, while he was here he was asking me about other contractors in my area,and i said what about Chip across from my shop does he have his certifaction?He said "Chip doesn't put nursery stock out or flowers he just does pre's and post's and little bit of maintence" i said that's funny cause i just say his trailor this morning loaded down with shrubs, He said,"call me if you see this again" next morning he had load of stock on his trailor so i called Leslie and said man that's not fair he doesn't have certifaction and your busting my chops on my invoices,so he came down and fined him. you can guess Chip doesn't speak to us anymore.
    State of TN department of Argiculture
    Division of Regulatory Services

Leslie T. Southarrds
    Plant Inspector 11
    Plant certification section
    Phone:Office:(615)837-5512
    Home:(931)761-8877

Feel free to call him

2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

It has not been stated what your buddy Chip was actually fined for...but...

....After reviewing the Tennessee Department of Agriculture's Division of Regulatory Services Civil Penalties Matrix (Chapter 0080-6-25-.01) I would advise 'ol Chip to hire a civil attorney. He may come out WAY ahead ($$$)....and Leslie may be asking you for a job. :D

Wouldn't that be neat?

This should prove interesting...providing Chip does his homework.

Keep us posted. :)

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I still don't get why he checks your invoices:confused:

In Alabama you have to have a landscape license to plant shrubs and a pesticide license to put out herbicide.

Did CHip have the pesticide and not the landscape?

4. _GUNNER_8

from TN

Now were on to something, Homer knows what i'm talking about, yes he had pesticide but not the landscape,you should know all to well about FIRE ANTS.Reason he checks invoices is to make sure places that have fire ants and other stuff is not brought in to our area, and here is kicker all it takes to be certified is $100 to state no test just $100 to me thats crazy but it is law, Chip is pesticide company but he does some maintence and why in the hell he just didn't buy certification he would have been lot better off and not have to worry about looking over he's shoulder all time, if we were talking about $1000 Chip is not geared for installs so if i was him i would sub out but we only talking about $100, its not really a big deal i'm just letting you guys know that in my state they are cracking down on green industry thats all.

5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

This makes no sense at all. What you are saying is the state of TN charges $100 for a paper that gives YOU the right to plant plants because they are checking for fire ants, and yet there is no test nor any checking of YOU having any knowledge of what fire ant are, or where to locate them? I dont think so! You are reading something into nothing my friend. You had better look at this again.

Are you sure this guy didnt get busted just for not having a business license? Or did he get busted for buying the plants in another state and bringing them here to TN without the correct papers and all?

Please clarify these points for us all.

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Jersey we have to get a Plant Dealer Certificate. Everyone who sells flowers, shrubs, or any "living materials", has to pay for this license. I think its $150.00/year and you must fill out a paper listing all of your suppliers (Nurseries, HD's if you go there, etc.) In return, all of your suppliers must be on the list. Nurseries pay more for a Nursery Certificate and their stock supposedly gets inspected by state personnel for insects, disease, etc. It's unreal, but this "catalogue" which lists the Dealers is so hugh now. Every supermarket selling flowers, roadside stand, landscaper, etc. is listed (except for those who have yet to be caught or ratted on). What does the state do w/ this revenue??
    We got put on the list 8 years ago as the man from the state asked an employee "Do you guys plant shrubs? You do, great, have the boss give me a call so I can explain to him what a Plant dealer is all about". If this guy was a cop, I think this would be entrapment.
    Oh well, just another way for the man to get in my pcket.

Bob

7. _GUNNER_8

from TN

"YOU DON"T THINK SO" LOL!!! Reading something into nothing?LOL!!!ARE YOU SURE?LOL!!! No i'm not sure i just like to give my hard EARNED money away.If you don't know what your talking about DO NOT MAKE COMMENT!This law has been in effect here in TN for years and years, its no secert, i gave numbers to call,i gave what chapter its in,don't argue something you know nothing about, their are lot more laws then you think but i'm not going to start stating all them,thats YOUR job to know which laws that apply to your state.When you get into commercial heavy and industrial,thats when you better know them all, i've seen lot of guys fined over last couple years,v all i was trying to do was let you guys be aware that their laws out there that in some states are cracking down on, but from now on i'll keep my mouth shut and let you find out on your own, as far as bigger companys they already know so no need to tell them. Example Turfdude, Homer.

8. crazygator

You have just made my day. You have shown everyone here you cannot argue your point so maybe you have no point! You just make all these threats that "WE" dont know the law blah blah blah. Whatever! So far everyone I have talked to does not know anything about this law. I will even check with the Ag department tomorrow......just for YOU!

9. crazygator

Oh and by the way, you never did answer the post from SLS, nor my questions above! Thank you! :)

10. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

:confused: I am totally lost.:confused: What did Chip do? Did he not have a lisence to keep an inventory of plants? Or do you actually need a lisence to plant a plant in Tn? Where the heck did pesticide use come into the equation?? I am totally lost? :confused: