Pump Start relay

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by fall46, Aug 13, 2009.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, but someone is slacking to let this thread stay on topic.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

As soon as the OP gets it, I'm all for drinking dinner :drinkup:

3. fall46

fall46 LawnSite Member

Why dont you offer a suggestion?:confused: I thought having a battery automated bib valve when it was programmed to open would intiate the flow. Just when I'm starting to go with your suggestion you leave out the part most crtical. AUTOMATION So lets start our liquid dinner and enlighten me on to start the flow in an automated fashion=not having to walk to the pump, hose or sprinkler.

4. Wet_Boots

Once you actually understand the concept of a pump system with a pressure tank and a pressure switch, your confusion will cease.

As long as you continue to imagine that there is any kind of wired control connection to the pump, you will stay confused. The pump system acts alone, using only the pressure switch to operate.

How you make the water flow is up to you. Your choice. Your budget.

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I give;Boots has no clue what the question was or how to deal with it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  6. Wet_Boots

For heads buried in a cistern, little makes sense. :hammerhead:

7. Mike Leary

YOU are the one that needs to get with with it it; what you suggest is thirty years behind the times, along with the 2" brass pop-ups. :hammerhead:

8. Wet_Boots

You got zero to contribute - I outlined a solution that might cost a hundred bucks. You just flapped your gums and lowered real estate values.

[​IMG]

9. fall46

fall46 LawnSite Member

Wet,

I believe I do understand a system with a pressure tank it makes perfect sense All I'm asking is whether the programable water bib would be the mechanism to make the water flow...... thereby triggering the pump to turn on. This solves the probelm of my pop having to walk down to the hose to intiate the water flow....I think I have asked this very question 4X now. Not sure what your reluctance in answering the simple question is.

10. Mike Leary

Yup, why do I even stay with the forum?