Pump Start relay

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by fall46, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Nah, I have no interest in beating up an old man. :laugh:

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Actually Boots, Article 430, Section 5 allows this.

Why do you keep arguing this without reading the stuff I post? This links posted reference the code directly, they aren't some yahoos interpretation of what is "right".

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It does not, you effin maroon. If you believe it does, go on a site used by licensed electricians, and get their agreement, and return here and post the link. Absent that, you speak with forked tongue.

P.S. I read the Mike Holt page, and that's about a motor load, and says nothing about a branch circuit's fixed-wiring requirements. The motor is a load connected to a branch circuit.

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

5. Wet_Boots

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

What does it say Boots?

7. Wet_Boots

It says Kiril is a load.

8. fall46

fall46 LawnSite Member

I mispoke its a 20amp breaker with a 110 volt line in which the pump is plugged into. Could using a timer like this work

http://www.amazon.com/Intermatic-WH21-Electric-Water-Heater/dp/B00002N5FP

All it would be doing is simply turning on and off the pump which would controling 1 zone with 3-4 sprinkler heads attached to it.

9. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

It'll work - but it's pretty cheesy. K-Rain makes a 110V version that is more suited to irrigation, the 1110 or 2110. They even have a model that can have a rain sensor attached to it.

10. fall46

fall46 LawnSite Member

Agreed its cheesy! Tell me what does the K-Rain get me the timer I linked doesnt? (I'm not trying to challenge more curious)

Do you have a link?